Monday, January 15, 2007

Tagged!

This is really sad. Only three posts in six months. Apparently other people care more about me keeping this blog going than I do. Guess I need to decide whether to let it go or not...

In the meanwhile, my answers to a meme tossed at me by Trina at My Life My Words My Mind.

4 jobs I've had:
Waitress/barmaid (while in college)
Copy editor for a small town newspaper
Christian education director for an Episcopal church
Museum educator

4 movies I'd watch over and over:
If you were hoping for sophisticated choices, I'm sorry to disappoint...
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Get Shorty
Love Actually
and the seasonally obligatory Miracle on 34th Street

4 places I've lived, apart from where I live now:
Guess I don't get around much, as I only have three -
Akron, Ohio, "Rubber (as in "tires", so get your mind out of the gutter) Capital of the World" and birthplace of Alcoholics Anonymous. I grew up within walking distance of the Goodyear blimp airdock.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania It's completely unremarkable, go ahead, see for yourself.
Athens, Ohio (home of Ohio University, "Harvard on the Hocking")

4 TV shows I love:
Mystery on PBS - consistently excellent series, no matter what detective is featured.
Scrubs - for its combination of hilarious dialogue and genuine human dilemma.
The Antiques Roadshow - I love watching the people when they are told the value of their stuff.
South Park. What can I say?

4 places I've been on holiday:
Nags Head, North Carolina (about a dozen times) - surfable waves, fishing, hangliding from the highest sand dunes in North America, seafood to die for, lighthouses...
Albuquerque/Santa Fe, New Mexico - high desert landscape, skiing, petroglyphs, Native American, Mexican and early Spanish art...
Montreal, Quebec, Canada - click on the link to see live photos of this beautiful city
Lake Erie islands - vineyards, bike trails, maritime history, and geode caves you can stand up in.

4 websites I visit daily:
eBay -yep, I'm addicted to the world's largest flea market.
MakeUp Alley - don't buy beauty products without checking out the product reviews.
The New York Times - all the news that fit to . . . click.
Weather Underground

4 favorite foods:
Chocolate, in all its marvelous incarnations
Oyster fritters
Fresh tomato sandwiches (whole wheat toast, tomato slices, homemade mayonnaise, salt and pepper)
Potatoes, for their versatility

4 places I'd rather be right now:
Here is good, but I also want to be in
(A) Boston to help my daughter with wedding preparations, and
(B) Paris for that long-dreamed-of trip I've been promising myself that will now be postponed a bit due to (A).

4 books I enjoy re-reading:
Matthew Fox's Original Blessing
The Bible (these days, I am enjoying Eugene Peterson's paraphrase version, The Message)
anything by Thich Nhat Hanh
anything by Jane Austen

4 CDs that never leave my rotation:
Honestly, I change 'em up so often, I can't answer this question.

4 people I'm tagging:
J, of Slap Of The Day
Annie of Blogdorf Goodman
Mireille of C'est Chic
and hoping to lure my friend Neela, of Life In Paris, out of retirement!




6 Comments:

Blogger ParisLondres said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:53 PM  
Blogger ParisLondres said...

Dear D!! Great answers. I did a quick post for you. That blog is surprisingly alive - thought it was dead. Hugs and kisses,

N

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

Very interesting answers. Thanks for doing it.

4:02 PM  
Blogger mireille said...

Red Queen, thanks for the invitation ... I'm looking forward to playing! xoxo

9:16 PM  
Blogger Bela said...

I love this, really: you discover things about people and stuff you might want try for yourself.

Thanks for inviting me. I enjoyed doing it. Felt a bit like a teeenager. 'Now, what do I like? Oh g-d, am I normal?' LOL!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

I also love Love Actually. I get all weepy when the one guys makes the signs for Kiera Knightly and during the scenes with Liam Neeson and the little boy.
AWWWW!

Have a great day!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home